Organization : National Electoral Commission
Facility : Voter Registration Status
Country : Tanzania
|Want to comment on this post? |
Go to bottom of this page.
Check Here : http://voters.nec.go.tz:8081/vote/
Website : nec.go.tz
How do I Vote? :
1. Submit your Voter ID card to the presiding officer.
2. The presiding officer will read your name loudly for Political Party Agents verification.
3. Presiding officer, Political party agents are free to ask any question for more verification.
4. Presiding officer with give you three voting papers for president, Member of Parliament, and councilor and he/she will show how to fold after casting your vote.
5. You will go to the pooling booth for casting your vote.
6. You will mark ‘V’ on the box under the candidate of your choice.
7. You will put the casted votes in the boxes as directed by presiding officer.
8. You will be marked on your little finger with indelible ink.
What are the functions of the National Electoral Commision? :
The National Electoral Commission (NEC) has the following responsibilities:
(a) To supervise and co-ordinate the registration of voters in Presidential and Parliamentary elections in the United Republic of Tanzania;
(b) To supervise and co-ordinate the conduct of the Presidential and Parliamentary elections in the United Republic of Tanzania;
(c) To review the boundaries and demarcate the United Republic into various constituencies for the purposes of Parliamentary elections;
(d) To supervise and co-ordinate the registration of voters and the conduct of the Elections of Councilors;
(e) To declare elected special seats for women members of Parliament and Councilors;
(f) To provide voter education in Tanzania and co-ordinate and supervise persons who conduct such education.
(g) To perform any other functions in accordance with a law enacted by Parliament.
What kind of Elections are being conducted by The National Electoral Commission of Tanzania? :
** Presidential Election
** Parliamentary Election
** Councilors Elections for Mainland.
Why Register by Bio metric Voter Registration? :
** The Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) system which was used before was found to be out dated technology and is difficult to maintain.
** The Bio-metric features captured are used for validation purpose hence minimizing Duplication.
** Durable voter’s card.
Why should you Register as a Voter? :
** To be able to exercise your right to vote on Referendum and Election day
** To be able to participate in the governance of your country.