Organization : Elections & Boundaries Department
Facility : Voter Registration & Change Of Electoral Division
Country : Belize
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Belize Elections Voter Registration
The representation of the People Act Chapter 9 of the Laws of Belize sets the guidelines for Voter Registration
Related : Elections & Boundaries Department Belize Search Voter Details : www.electionin.org/429.html
Eligible To Register
Every person who is
1. Eighteen (18) Years old
2. A citizen of :
** Any Commonwealth Country who has resided in Belize for not less than twelve (12) months
** Any Commonwealth Country who is domiciled in Belize Resident in the Electoral Division not less than 2 months
Source Document :
** Belize Birth Certificate (along with a picture ID or a certification by a justice of the Peace)
** Passport (Belizean or Coomonwealth Country)
** Adoption Certificate (along with a picture ID or a certification by a justice of the Peace)
** Dee Poll (along with Birth Certificate, picture ID or a certification by a justice of the Peace)
** Belizean Nationality Certificate
Where To Register
** Visit the Registration Office of Elections and Boundaries Department in your area.
** Fourteen District Offices Countrywide are manned by registration Officers.
** Registration is Continuous and is conducted during normal workin hours.
How To Register
1. Make a personal application
a. Take proof of eligibility to the Registration Office in your area-
** Birth Certificate
** Naturalization Certificate
b. Fill out and sign Application Form and Record Card
c. Take a photograph for the ID Card and the Record Card
2. An Investigation is carried out by Registration Officers to verify residence and other particulars.
3. A temporary list of applicants called “Supplementary List” is prepared by the Registering Officer for public scrutiny from 15th to the 25th of the month. These are posted at all Registration Offices.
4. If there are objections during the 15th to the 25th, the following is completed before proceeding to Revision Court :
** The persons objected to, are informed by registered mail
** The names of the persons objected to, are published in one newspaper and the Gazette
5. The Revising Officer in a Revision Court approves the Supplementary List at the end of each month.
6. A Revised List is prepared. Only those on the Revised List become Registered Electors. The Revision Court is the sole authority to decide who will remain on the monthly Revised List.
7. ID Cards are issued to those on the Revised List approximately one week after the Revision Court.
Change Of Electoral Division :
Two months are set aside each year by Law for the transfer of electors from one Electoral Division to another
These two months are JULY AND AUGUST
Application for a change of Electoral Division from one Electoral Division to another are done using Form No. 17.
These applications are processed during normal working hours at any of the District Offices during the Period :
JULY 1 – AUGUST 31 of each Year
Requirements to change from one electoral division to another are :
** Be a Registered voter
** Reside at the new address for not less than two (2) months
** Present your Voters ID at the time of application or any other picuture Identification; eg. Passport, Social Security or Drivers License
** and “a utility bill” in the elector’s name to assist the officers in the verification of the address given.