You are here: Home > United States
All posts from Address Search : Wisconsin Government Accountability Board

Organisation : Wisconsin Government Accountability Board
Facility : Address Search
State : Wisconsin
Country : United States

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Address Search :
Home Page :

Address Search :
** Enter House Number *
** Enter Street Name *
** Select Unit Type
** Enter Unit Number
** Enter City *
** Enter Zip Code
** Click Search Button

Searching by address requires a valid residential address. This is the address that determines the contests, candidates and referenda for which you may vote. Mailing addresses, including all PO Box addresses, will not return any results. If you do not find the record you are searching for, try variations of the street name. This may be necessary if you live on a county highway (e.g. Cty Hwy X, CTH X) or state road (e.g. State Rd 1, SR 1).

Address Search Tips :
** Ensure that you have entered your full street name (ex. Country Ct, Main St, etc.)
** Make sure you have entered your street type (ex. ST, AVE, LN, CT, etc.)
** Ensure that you have entered any pre and post directionals as needed for your address if they exist (ex. W Main St, S Third Ave, etc.)
** The City field should be your mailing address city

Address Search :
Find voting information based on your address, such as contact information for your municipal clerk, where to vote, and what is on your ballot.

I’m A First-Time Voter And Want To Register :
To vote in Wisconsin you must first register to vote. You can start the registration process using this website. First, search for your name and date of birth using the “Voter Search” option to confirm that you are not already registered. Then, select “Register to Vote” from the menu on the left. You can also register in-person at your local municipal clerk’s office, with a special registration deputy, or at the polling place on Election Day. All voters must submit proof of residence with their voter registration.

I Recently Moved :
If your address has changed, you need to re-register to vote.
Remember :
** Wisconsin law requires that you live at your current address for 28 consecutive days to be eligible to vote from your new address.
** If you have lived at your new address for less than 28 consecutive days before the election you are still eligible to vote from your former address.
** If you have moved to Wisconsin less than 28 consecutive days before a Presidential election you may be eligible to cast a Presidential-only ballot.
** You will also need to provide an acceptable proof of residence docuement with your current address on it.

I Recently Changed My Name :
If you have legally changed your name, you are required to update your voter registration. You may continue to vote using your former name until you obtain the required documentation to re-register using your new name. You will also need an acceptable proof of residence document with your new name and current address on it.

I Own Property In More Than One Place :
If you own property in more than one place, you must register to vote using your primary residence. Simply owning a business or temporarily visiting in a city, village or town does not qualify you for voting there if you intend to permanently live somewhere else. Your voting residence is defined as the place where you live, without any present intent to move, and where you intend to return when you are away.

I’m A Person Experiencing Homelessness :
Wisconsin’s election law embodies a commitment to facilitate voting for all qualified individuals, including those who happen to be homeless at the time of an election. If you are homeless, you may use a letter from a shelter or other organization providing services to the homeless as proof of residence when registering to vote. The G.A.B. has provided a sample letter at the link below.

I’m A Convicted Felon Or In Jail :
You are not eligible to vote in Wisconsin if you have been convicted of a felony and you are currently serving any portion of your sentence including extended supervision, probation, or parole, also known as being “on paper.” Once you successfully complete your sentence and are no longer under the supervision of the state Department of Corrections (“off paper”) you regain your eligibility to vote. However, you must re-register to vote. If you are in jail serving a sentence for a misdemeanor or awaiting trial for a felony, you are still eligible to vote – but will typically need to vote by absentee ballot.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap