You are here: Home > Australia
All posts from Check Your Enrolment : Western Australian Electoral Commission

Organisation : Western Australian Electoral Commission
Facility : Check Your Enrolment
Country : Australia

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Check Here :
Home Page :

Check Your Enrolment :
** You can use this form to locate your electoral district or check your enrolment details.
** If you are registered as a silent elector, your enrolment details will not be shown.
** If you wish to check your enrolment, contact the Commission.
** Enter your details exactly as it appears on the electoral roll.

* denotes a required field. You can leave given names, street number and street name fields blank if that is how you are enrolled.

You are required to enter the following fields :
** Surname *
** Given names *
** Date of birth *
** Day
** Month
** Year
** Street number *
(do not include a flat number)
** Street name *
** Street Type
If your street type is not available, select ‘other’.
** Postcode *
** Suburb / Locality *

You can also confirm your enrolment by :
** contacting the Commission and providing your full name, enrolled address and date of birth
** using the computers in the WAEC head office
** using the computers at your local AEC office (link is external).

Enrolment is compulsory :
Enrolment is compulsory for all Western Australians who :
** are aged 18 years and over
** are Australian citizens (or a British subject who was on the Roll between 26 October 1983 and 25 January 1984)
** have lived at their current address for at least one month.

Electors who are aged 17 years can provisionally enrol. They can only vote when they reach 18 years of age. Enrolled electors are eligible to vote in Commonwealth, State and local government elections.

Q: Am I eligible to enrol to vote?
You are eligible to enrol if you are :
** 18 years or over
** an Australian citizen and
** lived at their current address (or within the district) for at least one month.

Also, British subjects who are not Australian citizens may also be eligible to enrol if they were on the State roll or a roll of the Commonwealth within the period 26 October 1983 and 25 January 1984 inclusive.

If you are 17 years of age and an Australian citizen, you can provisionally enrol. This means that if you turn 18 on or before election day, you will be enrolled and able to vote.

Q: Do I have to enrol?
Enrolment is compulsory for those people who are eligible. If you do not enrol, you may be fined $50. However, if you enrol, you cannot be penalised for not being enrolled in the past.

Q: How do I enrol to vote?
To enrol, you need to complete an enrolment form and return it to the Commission.

Q: I have no permanent home. Can I still enrol to vote?
If you do not have a permanent address, for example, if you are homeless or living in transitional or crisis accommodation, you can enrol as a no fixed address elector with the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC). For state elections, you will be able to vote and you will be included in the State Electoral Roll for the district or region that falls under the AEC subdivision you are enrolled in.

Q: I am physically disabled and cannot sign an enrolment form. What do I do?
If you are unable to sign an enrolment form, you can still enrol with someone’s assistance, by completing an enrolment form for persons unable to sign their name due to physical incapacity. Contact the Commission to have one posted to you.

Q: Which electoral district am I enrolled in?
You can use the Check Your Enrolment tool to check which electoral district you are enrolled in. District profiles provide a range of information about each district and region.

Contact Us :
Level 2 / 111
St Georges Terrace, Perth

T: (08) 9214 0400
F: (08) 9226 0577

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap