Organisation : Central Election Commission Palestine
Facility : Find Your Polling Center
Country : Palestine
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Find Your Polling Center/ Home Page : https://www.elections.ps/tabid/596/language/ar-PS/Default.aspx
Find Your Polling Center :
** Enter Your Id Number
** Enter Year of Birth
** Click Submit Button
Disabled and illiterate voters :
The law provides illiterate and disabled citizens the right to vote based on the procedures determined by the CEC to facilitate their needs. An illiterate or disabled voter may bring a trusted individual to mark the ballot paper on his/her behalf. This assistant need not be an eligible voter; he/she can be a foreigner or a person under 18 years of age.
Steps to follow when bringing an assistant to the polling station:
1. Explain to the president of the polling station why you need the accompanying person.
2. Express your consent for the assistance of the accompanying person.
3. Bring personal identification documents which include your full name and place of residence.
4. Obtain a ballot paper from the employee and have your name crossed off the voters list.
5. Check that your ballot paper is stamped.
6. Go with your assistant to the polling booth and mark your ballot.
The president of the polling station should:
** Complete the relevant form with the information provided by the illiterate or handicapped voter.
** Read the form to the voter and the voter’s assistant and have both parties sign or fingerprint the form.
1. In the event that the president of the station notices that the assistant has not voted according to the preference of the illiterate or disabled voter, the assistant is requested to leave the station immediately. The voter must, in such case, bring forth a different assistant.
2. Station employees, representatives of political parties, and observers are not allowed to fill the ballot paper on behalf of an illiterate or disabled voter.
3. Feigning illiteracy or a disability requiring an assistant is an offense punishable by imprisonment, a fine, or both.
Offenses and penalties :
There are a number of electoral crimes, punishable by Palestinian elections law :
1. Bribery or vote buying–Vote buying means that someone offers you money, or a loan, or a favor, either directly or indirectly, in return for your vote
2. Feigning illiteracy
3. Intimidation–Voter intimidation means that a person frightens or threatens you into voting or not voting for a particular party, candidate or list or forces you to tell them whom you voted for
4. Disturbing the voting process
5. Fraud–Voter fraud is pretending to be someone else for the purpose of voting, or voting multiple times, or forging ballot papers.
Offense | Penalty :
Bribery or vote buying Imprisonment for a maximum of 3 years, or a fine of not more than $3000, or both
Voter intimidation Imprisonment for a minimum of 6 months, or a fine of not more than $1000, or both
Disturbing the voting process Imprisonment for a minimum of 6 months, or a fine of not more than $1000, or both
Fraud Imprisonment for a maximum of 1 year, or a fine of not more than $1000, or both