You are here: Home > Philippines
All posts from

COMELEC Philippines Online Voter Certification Application (OVCA)

Organisation : COMELEC
Facility Name : Online Voter Certification Application (OVCA)
Applicable For : Overseas Voters
Country : Philippines
Website :

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

How To Request For COMELEC Online Voter Certification Application?

The COMELEC Philippines Office for Overseas Voting (OFOV) is currently pilot testing the online reception of requests for the issuance of overseas voters’ certificate. Applicants who wish to request for their overseas voters’ certificate can file their requests through this link:

This Online Voter Certification Application (OVCA) facility is limited to the receiving of requests only. Applicants will still need to pay the PhP 100 certification fee and claim the actual overseas voters’ certificates from OFOV at the Palacio del Gobernador Bldg., Intramuros, Manila. For more information, please contact the OFOV via its official Facebook page at

FAQ On COMELEC Overseas Voting

Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On COMELEC Philippines Overseas Voting, Registration/ Certification Application

What are the requirements for registration/certification?
The requirements for registering for an Overseas Voter Certification are the following:
a. A valid Philippine passport. In the absence of a valid passport, a certification of the DFA that it has reviewed the appropriate documents submitted by the applicant and has found them sufficient to warrant the issuance of a passport, or that the applicant is a holder of a valid passport but is unable to produce the same for a valid reason;

b. Accomplished registration form prescribed by the Commission;

c. Applicants who availed themselves of the ‘Citizen Retention and Reacquisition Act’ (Republic Act No. 9225) shall present the original or certified true copy of the order of approval of their application to retain or reacquire their Filipino citizenship issued by the post or their identification certificate issued by the Bureau of Immigration, and

d. In case of seafarers a photocopy of their Seamans Book or any other pertinent document.

Where can a person apply for an Overseas Voter certification status?
A person can apply for an overseas certification at any post abroad or at designated registration centers outside the post or in the Philippines approved by the Commission. For an updated list of registration centres in the Philippines, please check COMELEC ( and DFA-OVS ( website.

Who is in-charge of processing the application of Overseas Voters?
An in-house Resident Election Registration Board in every post and in the OFOV processes, approves or disapproves all applications for registration and/or certification as overseas voters, including the deactivation, reactivation and cancellation of registration records.

Can an application that was approved be still excluded?
Any interested party may file a petition for exclusion not later than one hundred eighty (180) days before the start of the overseas voting period.

What shall an applicant do if his/her application has been disapproved?
If the application has been disapproved, the applicant or the authorized representative shall have the right to file a motion for reconsideration before the RERB within a period of five (5) days from receipt of the notice of disapproval. The motion shall be decided within five (5) days after its filing on the basis of documents submitted but not later than one hundred twenty (120) days before the start of the overseas voting period.

What shall an applicant do if his/her motion for reconsiderations has been denied?
Within ten (10) days from receipt of notice denying the motion for reconsideration, the applicant may file a petition for inclusion with the proper Municipal/Metropolitan Trial Court in the City of Manila

What to do if a record has been deactivated?
Any overseas voter whose registration has been deactivated may file with the RERB at any time, but not later than one hundred twenty (120) days before the start of the overseas voting period, a sworn application for reactivation of registration stating that the grounds for the deactivation no longer exist.

1 Comment
Add a Comment
  1. Eduardo T. Palen

    I a domestic sealor how can I vote if my ship is on place far from my local registration.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap