You are here: Home > New Zealand
All posts from

How to Find Your Electorate Electoral Commission New Zealand :

Organization : Electoral Commission
Facility : How to Find Your Electorate
Country : New Zealand

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Find Here :
Website :

Find my Electorate :
By Address :
** Search for address,town or suburb

By Electorate :
** Select General Electorate
** Select Maori Electorate

Keep Your Enrolment up to Date :
Every year thousands of New Zealanders make changes to their lives. They move house, they marry, they change their name or occupation. Many return from overseas or move away temporarily.

It is important to keep your enrolment details up to date so you can take part in elections, referendums and petitions.

It is easy to keep your enrolment up to date as your details change particularly if you make a redirection order with NZ Post. If any of our letters to you are “returned to sender” then you will need to re-enrol.

What should I do if I move house, change my name or occupation? :
You must inform your Registrar of Electors by filling in an enrolment form. Simply click here to enrol or update your details and we’ll either send you the printed copy, or you can download your own, to check, sign and send back.

What do I do when there’s an enrolment update campaign? :
It’s always important to be ready to take part in elections, so we have enrolment update campaigns at regular intervals. Everyone has to check and update, if necessary, any of their details so Registrars of Electors can include all the changes in the new electoral rolls.

This means you need to check and amend, if necessary, your enrolment details. The Registrar of Electors makes it easy by sending a form to everyone on the old rolls. Your enrolment update form will show your personal details as they’re recorded. There is space for you to make corrections if you need to. Then just sign and date the form and post it back in the reply envelope provided. If all your details are correct you do not need to respond and you will remain enrolled with the details shown on your enrolment update form.

What happens if I don’t send back my enrolment update form? :
You will remain on the roll with the same details as shown on the enrolment update form.

What if I receive an enrolment update form for someone no longer living at the address? :
You should forward it to them at their new address or, if this is unknown, mark the envelope “return to sender” and simply send it back in the post (no stamp required). It will be returned to the Registrar of Electors who will remove the person’s name from the roll.

What if I don’t get an enrolment update form? :
It means you’re probably not enrolled at the right address, and must enrol again. Once your Registrar of Electors has received your completed enrolment form your name will appear on the electoral roll.

I haven’t moved but I’ve been put in a different electorate. Why? :
Each electorate must have roughly the same number of people in it. But some areas can grow while others shrink and the boundary lines sometimes need adjusting. Every five years, after the population census, the boundaries for all electorates are reviewed. If there has been a large population shift in an electorate the boundaries may have to change to keep the electorates even to ensure that approximately the same number of people are in them. These new boundaries are then used for the next two elections

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap