You are here: Home > Trinidad and Tobago
All posts from Renewals, Lost & Change of Name/Address : Elections & Boundaries Commission Trinidad & Tobago

Organisation : Elections & Boundaries Commission
Facility : Renewals, Lost and Change of Name/Address
Country : Trinidad and Tobago

Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.

Renewals, Lost and Change of Name/Address :
Home Page :

What is required :
** Please take the expired ID card to the Registration Area office in the district where you reside.

** If your name has changed, provide documentary evidence such as a Marriage Certificate or Deed Poll.

** Provide precise and reliable information on the location of your new address if you have changed address since your last transaction.

** You can apply for a renewal two (2) months before the expiry date recorded at the back of the ID card.

** Persons who are physically incapacitated can make a request to the Registration Officer of the Registration Area in which they reside to have the transaction effected at home in accordance with Registration Rule No.8(3).

** Be prepared to be photographed for the new card.

Replacement of Lost, Stolen or Damaged Identification Card :
Report to any police station that the card was lost or stolen

Visit the Registration Area Office where you live to be interviewed and issued with Form A-71 and a voucher. The Form is used to make a declaration, in the presence of a Commissioner of Affidavits, that the card was lost. The voucher is used to pay a fee of $10.00 for a first replacement or $20.00 for a second replacement, at a District Revenue Office nearest to you.

The Form, stamped and signed by the Commissioner of Affidavits, together with the voucher and receipt issued by the Revenue Officer, are then taken back to the Registration Office for processing and replacement of the ID card.

Thereafter, a letter will be issued by the Registration Office to collect the card.

With respect to a mutilated card, the declaration will be required only if the remains of the card cannot be produced. Also see new security feature on National Identification Card.

Change of Address :
In accordance with Section 43 and 44 of the Representation of the People Act under the Registration Rules Registered persons who change their residential address either within a Registration Area or from one Registration Area to another are required to notify the appropriate Registration Officer accordingly. It is critical that registrants discharge this responsibility, since, apart from assisting the Commission in its ongoing efforts to maintain an accurate register of electors, it also ensures that electors are placed in the correct polling division/electoral district. This transaction does not necessitate the issue of a new Identification (ID) Card.

Change of Name :
Registered persons who change their names, primarily by marriage or Deed Poll, should notify their Registration Officer, so that the Commission’s records can be updated and a new I.D card bearing the registrant’s new name issued. The ID card bearing the name which has been changed is required to be surrendered

Add a Comment
  1. are you going to have online voting?

  2. What arrangement is the EBC making for citizens stranded abroad to vote? I have been stranded in Canada but would like to vote.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2021

Contact Us   Privacy Policy   SiteMap