Organisation : Commission on Elections (Comelec)
Service Name : Voter Registration For 2022 Polls
Country : Philippines
Last Date : September 30th, 2021
Website : comelec.gov.ph/?r=VoterRegistration/PressReleases/15Jan2020pr
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Comelec Voter Registration
The system of continuing registration of voters for the 2022 national and local elections will resume on January 20, 2020, the Commission on Elections said.
Applications for registration, transfer of registration records, change/correction of entries in the registration record, reactivation of registration record, and reinstatement of name in the list of voters will be accepted. Persons with Disabilities, Senior Citizens as well as members of Indigenous Peoples or Indigenous Cultural Communities and other members of vulnerable sectors may also update their records.
Applications and updating of records shall be done personally at the Office of the Election Officer of the city or municipality where the applicant resides, Mondays to Saturdays including holidays, from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
1. The registration period will run until September 30, 2021, except on April 9 and 10, 2020 (Maundy Thursday and Good Friday), December 25, 2020 (Christmas Day), and April 1 and 2, 2021 (Maundy Thursday and Good Friday).
2. In view of the conduct of the plebiscite in the 23 municipalities of the province of Palawan on May 11, 2020, registration therein will not be conducted. However, registration for the residents of Puerto Princesa City resumes on January 20, 2020.
3. Those who will be at least 18 years of age on or before Election Day, or on May 9, 2022, who is a resident in the Philippines for at least 1 year and in the place where he or she intends to vote for at least 6 months on or before Election Day, may register.
4. Meanwhile, registered voters as of the May 13, 2019 midterm elections need not apply anew.
5. As per Resolution No. 10635, the Commission has decided to commence the resumption of voters this month instead of on July 6, 2020, in view of the postponement of the May 11, 2020 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections pursuant to Republic Act. No 8189.
1. Voter Registration Suspended Until August 31. The Commission on Elections has extended the suspension of voter registration up to August 31, 2020.
2. The resumption of the continuing system of voter registration, including satellite registration, will remain suspended in all COMELEC offices nationwide.
3. “The suspension was previously set only until June 30 but was extended for two more months in view of the still rising number of COVID-19 cases nationwide,” COMELEC Spokesperson James Jimenez said.
4. “Our field personnel continue to outfit their existing offices and procure supplies in order to be COVID-19 ready. We are continuously refining our guidelines and health safety protocols so that we do not contribute to the further spread of the virus,” Jimenez added.
5. On March 9, all COMELEC offices nationwide were directed to suspend voter registration until March 31. Subsequent extensions of the suspension were set for April 30 and June 30.