Party : Pakistan Muslim League
Symbol : Bicycle
Name of Party Leader : Ch. Shujaat Hussain
Home Page : http://pml.org.pk/
|Want to comment on this post? |
Go to bottom of this page.
Pakistan Muslim League Website
1. The Party shall be Called Pakistan Muslim League.
Related : PML Join Pakistan Muslim League : www.electionin.org/32.html
Party Flag :
3. The flag of Pakistan Muslim league shall be green, with a crescent and a star in the middle, as adopted by the All India Muslim League.
4. The Pakistan Muslim League shall be a popular democratic organization.
5. The organization of the Pakistan Muslim League at the federal level shall consist or.-
** The convention of the Pakistan Muslim League constituted under Article 22;
** The Council of Pakistan Muslim League as constituted under Article 28;
** The Central Working Committee of Pakistan Muslim league as constituted under Articles 43, 44.
** The Central Executive Committee of Pakistan Muslim League as constituted under Article 52;
** The Central Parliamentary Board of the Pakistan Muslim League as constituted under Article 53;
** The Provincial Muslim League as constituted under Article 61 and affiliated to Pakistan Muslim League;
** Islamabad Federal Capital Muslim League as constituted under Article 90;
** Northern Areas Muslim League as constituted under Article 93;
** Muslim League FATA (as and when constituted).
** The District and City Muslim League and their branches as constituted under Article 97 and 99;
Electoral College :
9.The President and all the office bearers of Pakistan Muslim League shall be elected by the Pakistan Muslim League council through secret ballot based on a democratic and transparent system. The objective of election may be achieved by consensus.
Eligibility for Elections
10. Every member of the Pakistan Muslim League shall, subject to provisions of this constitution, be provided with an equal opportunity of contesting election for any party office including that of party leader.
Eligibility for Re-election :
11. All office bearers of the Pakistan Muslim League shall hold office till the next election and shall be eligible for re-election.
12. An office-bearer may resign from his office and such resignation may be addressed to the President or Secretary General of the Pakistan Muslim League.
Powers of the President
13. The President of Pakistan Muslim League shall be the Head of the entire organization, shall exercise all the power inherent in his office and shall see that the office bearers and organizations work in consonance with the constitution of the Pakistan Muslim League, any rules made and bye-laws adopted under the Constitution.
Acting President :
14. During the temporary absence or illness of the President, the President may nominate one of the Senior Vice Presidents/ Vice Presidents to perform his functions for the period. Acting President will only exercise the powers delegated to him by the President.
Vacancy of the Office of President :
15. If the office of the President falls vacant due to death or resignation before the expiry of the term of his office, it shall be duty of the Secretary General to convene within seven days a meeting of the Central Working Committee to elect an acting President and fix a date for the meeting of the Council of PML within 45 days of the occurrence of the vacancy to elect the President
The Convention :
22. The Convention of the Pakistan Muslim League shall consist of the following:
(a) The Members of the Pakistan Muslim League Council:
(b) The Members of the Provincial Muslim League Councils;
(c) The members of Islamabad Muslim League Council;
(d) The President and General Secretary of the District and City Muslim Leagues;
(e) Three delegates nominated by each District and City Muslim League Council;
(f) 20 delegates nominated by Muslim League Northern Areas and 20 delegates nominated by Muslim League FATA as and when constituted:
(g) The President and General Secretary of Overseas Branches of Pakistan Muslim League in each country or their nominees; and
(h) Other persons invited by the President provided the persons invited are members of the Muslim League;
Time & Venue of Session
23. A session of the Convention of the Pakistan Muslim League may be held at such time and place as the Working Committee or the President of the Pakistan Muslim League may determine.
24. Every member of the Convention shall pay a fee of Rs.100 before attending a session, or any fee determined by CWC from time to time.
25. The quorum for a session of the Convention shall be one fourth of the total membership.
26. The Convention shall periodically review the affairs of Pakistan Muslim league and recommend measures to strengthen the party.
27. The Central Working Committee of the Pakistan Muslim League shall act as a Subject Committee to frame and adopt resolutions to be placed before the Convention.
33. Every member of the Pakistan Muslim League Council shall pay, in advance, a fee of Rs.100, before attending a session or any fee determined by CWC from time to time.
Meetings, of the Council :
34. The Pakistan Muslim League Council shall meet at the discretion of, the President, provided that he shall convene at least one meeting in every calendar year.
Requisition for Meeting :
35. A special meeting of the Pakistan Muslim league Council shall be convened if the Secretary General receives a written requisition signed by one third of the total members, stating the purpose for which the meeting is required to be convened. The requisitioned meeting shall be convened within 30 days of the receipt of such requisition, failing which the members requisitioning the meeting shall be entitled to convene the meeting themselves.
Prior Notice of the Meeting :
36. The Secretary General shall, not less than 20 days prior to the ordinary meeting and 10 days prior to special meeting, issue to each member a notice stating the time and place of the meeting. A press announcement to that effect shall also be made by the Secretary General.
Agenda of the Meeting :
37. The agenda of every ordinary meeting shall be issued at least 10 days before the meeting, provided that this period may be curtailed by the President in special circumstances.
38. The Members must notify the Secretary General 5 days before the meeting, ‘if they want to table a resolution giving the text of the same.
39. The President may permit the discussion of a subject even though the requirement of notice has not been fulfilled.
40. One third of total membership shall form the quorum of a meeting of the Pakistan Muslim League Council