Organisation : Elections and Boundaries Commission
Service Name : Where Can I Register To Vote In Swaziland?
Country : Swaziland
Website : http://www.elections.org.sz/online/where-can-i-register/
|Want to comment on this post? |
Go to bottom of this page.
Where Can I Register To Vote In Swaziland?
On the day of registration, the voter must bring some form of identification.
Related : Swaziland Voter Registration : www.electionin.org/1239.html
** The Commission shall publish the dates, times and places of public meetings at which persons qualified to be registered may attend.
** Following the notice published by the Commission under this section, each Chief or rightful authority of urban or industrial areas shall call a meeting of persons under their jurisdiction for the purpose of registration as voters.
** The registration of voters at a meeting called shall be known as the general registration of voters.
Registration of an Absent Person
** A person shall not register or attempt to procure the registration of another person as a registered voter in the absence of that other person.
** A person who procures the registration of a person as a voter in contravention of subsection (1) [Registration Act] commits an offence and is liable, on conviction, to a fine not exceeding five thousand Emalangeni or imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both.
In Which Inkhundla Voter To Be Registered?
(1) Subject to this section, a person shall not be registered as a voter in any Inkhundla-
** unless the person has actually resided in that Inkhundla for a continuous period of at least three months immediately preceding the date of completion of the application; or
** if the person did not reside as required under subsection (1) [Registration Act], unless the person retained a home in that Inkhundla for a continuous period of at least three months immediately preceding the date of completion of the application.
(2) If the nature of employment of a person is one where the person is required to change a place of residence often and therefore does not retain a home in any Inkhundla, if the person is otherwise qualified for registration, the person may be registered in the Inkhundla in which his principal place of business is situated; or the Inkhundla in which the principal place of business, or branch office of the person’s employer is situated.
(3) If an applicant qualifies to be registered in more than one Inkhundla, the registration officer shall register the applicant’s name in the voters register of the Inkhundla for which the applicant, in the opinion of the registration officer, most qualifies for registration in terms of residence.
Registration of Swaziland Citizens Abroad
(1) A person who is a citizen of Swaziland resident outside Swaziland is entitled to be registered as a voter, if it is feasible, if the person satisfies the requirements for registration prescribed under this Act [Registration Act].
(2) The Commission may, in consultation with the Ministry responsible for foreign affairs, appoint the Head of a Swaziland Mission or Embassy abroad or any other person or institution designated in writing by the Commission as a registration officer to register a person mentioned in subsection (1) [Registration Act] as a voter.
(3) The Commission may give such directions as it considers appropriate to a person appointed as a registration officer under subsection (2) [Registration Act].