|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Central Election Commission
Facility : Registration of Election Agents
Country : Bulgaria
Registration Details : https://www.electionin.org/uploads/2981-CODE.pdf
Website : https://www.cik.bg/en/laws
CIk BG Registration of Election Agents
** The election agents shall be registered until polling day on the basis of an application signed by the person representing the party or the persons representing the coalition or by persons expressly authorised thereby.
Related : Central Election Commission Bulgaria Scheduling & Setting of Polling Day : www.electionin.org/2967.html
** The application of the nomination committee shall be signed by the person representing the nomination committee.
** In the cases where the application is submitted by authorised persons, the relevant authorisation shall be presented as well.
** The application shall be accompanied by a list signed by the persons referred to in sentence one or two, stating the names and the Standard Public Registry Personal Number or, respectively, another identifying number for the persons who are not Bulgarian nationals, of the persons to be registered as election agents and a declaration by the persons to the effect that they satisfy the requirements of herein.
** The registration of the election agents shall be effected by the constituency election commission or municipal election commission complying with the requirement herein.
** The registration of the election agents abroad shall be effected by the Central Election Commission complying with the requirement herein.
** An election agent may be replaced by an additionally registered election agent in the cases where the election agent is unable to exercise the rights thereof or where a proposal has been made by the party, coalition or nomination committee concerned.
** The total number of additional election agents of each candidate list of a party, coalition and nomination committee may be up to one-third of the number of voting sections in the respective constituency (district).
** The constituency election commission or municipal election commission shall register the election agent according to the procedure established by Paragraph (1) and shall issue a certificate to the said agent.
** The certificate of the replaced election agent shall be cancelled. Any such replacement shall forthwith be entered in the public register of election agents.
** Upon conduct of a new election of President and Vice President of the Republic in the cases of the Constitution or, respectively, a second round of voting in elections of a mayor, the registration of the election agents of the candidate lists of the parties, coalitions and nomination committees effected at the Central Election Commission, the constituency election commission or the municipal election commission for the first election or, respectively, the first round, shall subsist in effect.
** New election agents may furthermore be registered between the two elections or, respectively, between the two rounds.
The election agents shall qualify as domestic public officials within the meaning given by Item 1 (b) of Article 93 of the Criminal Code as from the registration of the candidate lists and until the declaration of the election results.
Where the registration of a candidate list is stricken, the effect of the striking shall extend to the election agents of the said candidate list.
Rights and Duties
The election agent shall be entitled :
1. to assist the candidates on the candidate list of a party, coalition or nomination committee in the constituency (district) and to represent the interests of the said candidates;
2. to be present at the meetings of the election commissions;
3. to be present upon the receipt of the election stationery and materials and the preparation of the polling sites;
4. to be present at the polling site upon the opening and closing of the polls;
5. to be present at the polling site while voting is in progress;
6. to be present in the polling site upon the opening of the ballot boxes and upon the ascertainment of the voting results, for which direct visibility shall be ensured thereto;
7. to be present upon the entry and re-entry at the election commissions and at the computation centres of the data from the tally sheets showing the voting results of the section election commissions;
8. to receive, upon signed acknowledgement, a copy of the tally sheet on the respective type of election showing the voting results in the voting section, as well as showing the voting results in the respective constituency (district);
9. to lodge complaints and alerts about irregularities affecting the election process.
(2) Only one election agent of a candidate list from each political party, coalition or nomination committee may be present at the meetings of the commissions, and upon elections of municipal councillors and of mayors, the candidate lists for municipal councillors and for mayors of one and the same party or coalition may be represented jointly by a single election agent.
(3) The election agent may not be an attendant.
(1) On polling day, election agents shall be bound to wear only distinguishing signs of a standard design endorsed by the Central Election Commission.
Any election agents, who wear any distinguishing signs other than those endorsed by the Central Election Commission or who do not wear distinguishing signs, shall be excluded from participation in the polls by a decision of the section election commission.
Any such decision may be disputed before the constituency election commission or the municipal election commission, which shall pronounce forthwith. The decision shall be unappealable.
(2) As from the registration thereof and until the declaration of the election results, the election agents shall identify themselves by producing the certificate issued thereto. Any such certificate shall be issued in a single copy.