|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Central Election Commission
Facility : Non-Resident Voting Certificates
Country : Bulgaria
Election Code : https://www.electionin.org/uploads/2976-CODE.pdf
Website : https://www.cik.bg/en/laws
CIk BG Non-Resident Voting Certificates
Upon elections of National Representatives, of President and Vice President of the Republic and of Members of the European Parliament for the Republic of Bulgaria, non-resident voting certificates shall be issued solely to:
Related : Central Election Commission Bulgaria Electoral Rolls : www.electionin.org/2969.html
1. the candidates for the respective type of election;
2. the members of the Central Election Commission;
3. the members of the constituency election commissions;
4. the observers.
Issue of Certificates
** Non-resident voting certificates shall be issued upon submission of an application completed in a standard form.
** The persons shall declare in the application that they will vote once only.
** Non-resident voting certificates shall be issued by the authorities referred to in Article 23 (1) herein in a single copy not later than 14 days in advance of polling day.
** Non-resident voting certificates shall be received in person upon signed acknowledgement or through an authorised representative holding a notarised authorisation.
** The authority referred to in Article 23 (1) herein shall transmit information on the non-resident voting certificates as issued to the Directorate General of Civil Registration and Administrative Services at the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works not later than twelve days in advance of polling day for the automated removal of the person from the electoral rolls according to the permanent address.
** Non-resident voting certificates shall not be issued upon elections of municipal councillors and of mayors.
** Where, after the issuing of a non-resident voting certificate, the municipal administration exercising jurisdiction over the permanent address of the voter receives a notification of the entry of the said voter on the electoral roll according to the present address, the said administration shall forthwith notify the municipal administration exercising jurisdiction over the present address of the non-resident voting certificate issued.
** In such case, the voter shall be removed from the electoral roll according to the present address by the municipal administration exercising jurisdiction over the present address, and the grounds for the removal shall be noted in the column designated “Notes” as “non-resident voting certificate issued”.
Public Register of Certificates
(1) Non-resident voting certificates shall have a uniform numbering for the entire country, including the number of the constituency (district) within the territory whereof the said certificates are issued, the number of the relevant voting section in which the person is supposed to vote according to the permanent address thereof, and the sequential number in the register for issuing non-resident voting certificates of the competent municipal administration.
(2) The municipal administration shall keep a public register of the non-resident voting certificates as issued, entering therein the number of the certificate issued, the names and the Standard Public Registry Personal Number (the Personal Number) of the person whereto the certificate has been issued, the date of issuing and the signature of the person who received the certificate, and noting whether the certificate was received in person or through an authorised representative.
The personal data in the register shall be accessed in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act.
(3) The municipal administrations and the mayoralties shall present to the constituency election commissions a copy of the register of non-resident voting certificates as issued not later than ten days in advance of polling day.