|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Elections Commission, Kingdom of Bahrain
Facility : Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
Country : Bahrain
Frequently Asked Questions : http://www.vote.bh/En/FAQs?cms=iQRpheuphYtJ6pyXUGiNquiF9sCkVvSd
Home Page : http://www.vote.bh/En/index
Frequently Asked Questions :
What are the things I should not do?
1. Do not write your name or any phrase or mark that could disclose your identity.
2. Do not take the ballot outside the polling center.
Related : Elections Commission Kingdom of Bahrain Rules of Changing Address : www.electionin.org/258.html
3. Do not urge other voters to choose a specific candidate.
4. Do not enter into the polling center any photo or indication that could point to any of the candidates.
5. Taking photos in any form or means inside the polling center is prohibited except for those allowed.
Am I eligible to vote ?
If you were a Bahraini, 20 years-old or over and your name is registered in the voters’ lists, then you are eligible to vote in the Parliamentary and Municipal Elections. If you were a GCC citizen and reside in Bahrain or a foreigner who owns a property in Bahrain, then you are eligible to vote in the Municipal Elections only.
What are the documents I should bring to the polling center?
1. Original Passport (compulsory), or the Poll Card which will be issued by the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports & Residence in case a passport is not available.
2. The Identity card.
What should be done on Election Day?
1. Go to the polling center early.
2. Receive the two ballot cards (parliamentary – municipal)
3. Put a tick in the circle next to your nominee’s photo on both of the parliamentary and municipal ballots.
4. Select only one candidate for each of the parliamentary and municipal councils.