|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Electoral Commissioner’s Office
Facility : Rodrigues Regional Assembly Elections
Country : Mauritius
Regional Assembly Elections : https://www.electionin.org/uploads/1843RODRIGUES.pdf
Home Page : http://electoral.govmu.org/English
Regional Assembly Elections :
S.N | Activities | Date (2017) :
1. Dissolution of Rodrigues Regional Assembly Thursday 5 January
Related : Electoral Commissioner’s Office Mauritius : www.electionin.org/535.html
2. Appointment of RO’s Reg. 3 (4) Thursday 5 January
3. Issue of Writs Reg. 5 Thursday 5 January
4. Publication of Notice of Election Reg. 7 Friday 6 January
5. Applications for registration of political parties Reg. 8 Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 January
6. Registration of Parties & Symbols by ESC Reg. 9 Wednesday 11 January
7. Publication of lists of Parties Reg. 9 Thursday 12 January
8. NOMINATION DAY Reg. 5(2)& 13 Saturday 21 January (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
9. Last day for withdrawals Reg. 15 Tuesday 24 January (by 3 p.m.)
10. Affixing of Notices of Facsimile of Symbols Reg. 18 (4) Wednesday 25 January
11. Submission of Party Lists of candidates Reg. 16 Thursday 26 January
12. Publication & affixing of “Notices of Polling Day” Reg. 18 (5) as from Thursday 26 January
13. POLL DAY Reg. 18 Sunday 12 February (6.30 a.m.to 3.30 p.m.)
14. COUNTING OF VOTES Reg. 49 Monday 13 February @ 8.am
15. Determination of Island Region Seats Reg. 63 Monday 13 February (5.30 p.m.)
NOTICE OF ELECTION :
The President having issued Writs for the election of two members of the Rodrigues Regional Assembly for each of the six local regions of Rodrigues, the Returning Officer for each local region will on the twenty-first (21st) day of January, 2017, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the “Nomination Centre” respectively shown opposite each local region in the schedule below, receive the notices of candidature for such election, and if there is no opposition, proceed to the election of two members for each of the six local regions of Rodrigues.
Forms of notice of candidature may be obtained at the Office of the Electoral Commissioner, MaxCity Building, Corner Remy Ollier and Louis Pasteur Streets, Port Louis, Mauritius or at his Sub-Office, Port Mathurin, Rodrigues between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on working days except on Saturdays when the office will be closed at noon.
Every notice of candidature must be delivered to the Returning Officer between the said hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Every notice of candidature shall :
(a) specify the name, sex, National Identity Card number, address and occupation of the candidate;
(b) contain a declaration by the candidate that he is qualified to stand as candidate;
(c) contain a declaration by the candidate, where he belongs to a party or party alliance that he belongs to that party or party alliance; and
(d) be accompanied by a deposit of 500 rupees.
Where a notice of candidature is submitted by a person acting on behalf of a candidate, it shall be accompanied by the National Identity Card of that person and that of the candidate, or such other acceptable proof of his or their identity.
Where, by 3 p.m., a party or party alliance does not comply with section 8 of the Rodrigues Regional Assembly Act, the Returning Officer may receive notices of candidature between the hours of 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. in order to enable the party or party alliance to comply with that section.