Organization : Zimbabwe Electoral Commission
Type of Facility : Chimanimani West Constituency Bye-Election
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Details/ Website : http://www.zec.gov.zw/
Chimanimani Bye-Election :
** Chimanimani West Constituency- 26 November 2016.
** The Nomination Court to receive papers for Bikita – West Constituency will sit on 25 November 2016 at the Masvingo Magistrates’ Court, Corner Robert Mugabe Street and Jason Moyo Ave, Masvingo.
Related : ZEC Zimbabwe How to Remove Name From Voter Roll : www.electionin.org/491.html
** The Nomination Court for Ward 8 Chimanimani Rural District Council will sit on 28 November 2016 at the offices of the Chief Executive Officer, Chimanimani..
** Both courts will sit from 10am to 4pm.
A. Local organisations and eminent persons :
To direct their applications through the ZEC Provincial Elections Office of the province in which the observers propose to discharge their duties;
Requirements for accreditation of representatives of local organisations :
1. The organisation must be registered as a Private Voluntary Organisation in terms of the Private Voluntary Organisation Act [Chapter 17:05] or established under a Notarial Deed of Trust that is registered in the Deeds Office in terms of the Deeds Registries Act
2. No consortium, confederation or similar association of local organisations may apply for accreditation of its constituent members as observers. The consortium, confederation or association may only apply for members of the management team or secretariat.
3. No application for accreditation as observer may be made by or on behalf of –
a. a person who has been convicted of an electoral offence or any other offence for which the person has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment without the option of a fine.
b. an organisation the executive or management body of which consists of any member who has been convicted of any electoral offence or an offence involving fraud or dishonesty.
4. Applicants must declare that the above does not apply to any member on their list or organization.
B. Independent Commissions established by the Constitution of Zimbabwe, and other state institutions
To apply for their members and secretariat staff directly to the Office of the Chief Elections Officer at ZEC Headquarters.
C. Foreign organisations, eminent persons and individuals
To direct their applications directly to the Office of the Chief Elections officer at the ZEC Headquarters.
2. ACCREDITATION FEES :
Local observers – US$10
Observers from the continent of Africa – US$20
Observers from foreign Embassies in Zimbabwe – US$50
Observers from any country outside Africa – US$100
Zimbabwean media practitioners accredited with Zimbabwe Media Commission and working in Zimbabwe for foreign media houses – US$50
Zimbabwean local media practitioners accredited with the Zimbabwe Media Commission – US$10
3. RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :
All applications – local or foreign – must be received at ZEC Headquarters no later than the fourth (4th) day before the day of polling.
All applications must list the names and identity particulars of all individuals seeking accreditation.