|You can now ask your questions about this election. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : National Electoral Commission
Facility : Parliamentary Bye Election
Country : Sierra Leone
Notification : https://www.electionin.org/uploads/1661-ByeElections.pdf
Home Page : http://nec-sierraleone.org/index.html
Parliamentary Bye Election
Declaration Of Date For The Conduct Of Parliamentary Bye Election In Constituency 050 In Port Loko District, On Saturday, 9Th July, 2016.
Related : NEC Sierra Leone Voter Registration FAQ : www.electionin.org/203.html
In exercise of the powers conferred on it by Section 33 of the Constitution of Sierra Leone, 1991(Act No. 6 of 1991); and pursuant to provisions of Section 39 of the said Constitution and Sections 69(1) and 70(1) of the Public Elections Act, 2012 (Act No. 4 of 2012), the National Electoral Commission (NEC) makes the following proclamation
1. Saturday, 9th JULY, 2016 is hereby declared as the day for the conduct of a Parliamentary Bye Election in Constituency 050 in Port Loko District.
2. According to a letter from the Clerk of Parliament, dated 19th January 2016, the vacancy occurred as a result of the resignation of the Honorable Isata Kabia, former Member of Parliament in Constituency 050, Port Loko District, pursuant to Section 77 Subsection (1)(j) of the Constitution of Sierra Leone,1991 (Act No. 6 of 1991).
3. Nominations of Candidates for the said Parliamentary Bye Election shall take place on Thursday 9th JUNE, 2016 at the NEC District Office, 24 New London, off Kambia Road, Port Loko Town.
4. The deadline for Political Parties to submit the list of their endorsed candidates for the bye-election to the National Electoral Commission (NEC), as per Section 61 fo the Public Elections Act, 2012, is Tuesday 7th June, 2016.
5. In accordance with Statutory Instrument No. 13 of 2012, the candidate’s nomination fee for the Parliamentary Bye Election is TEN MILLION LEONES ONLY(Le.10,000,000.00), per candidate, payable to the District Returning Officer at the above mentioned address.
6. Qualifications and disqualifications for Membership of Parliament are found in Sections 75 and 76 of the Constitution of Sierra Leone, 1991 (Act No. 6 of 1991) and any other relevant legislation.
7. Other details for the Nominations of candidates and conduct of the bye election shall be published by the National Electoral Commission in due course.
8. This press release on the declaration of date for the said bye-election superceeds the previous declaration dated 7th March, 2016