Organization : Nebraska Secretary of State
Facility : Overseas Registrant Form
State : Nebraska
Country : United States
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Download Overseas Registrant Form : https://www.electionin.org/uploads/1129-overseas_registrant.pdf
Home Page : http://www.sos.ne.gov/dyindex.html
Overseas Registrant Form :
Citizens Who Have Never Resided in the States – Registering in Nebraska :
I am the age of an elector and a citizen of the United States residing outside the Unites States. I have never resided in the United States. I have never registered to vote in any other state of the United States, and I have a parent whose name is: ____ a registrant of ____ County, Nebraska. I hereby declare under penalty of election falsification, a Class IV Felony, that the statements above are true to the best of my knowledge. Signature of Applicant: ____
Instructions for Registering to Vote Using this Application :
1. Complete the application only if you check ‘yes’ to questions 1 and 2.
2. Use this application to register to vote in Nebraska or to update your name, address, or party on your Nebraska voter registration record.
3. Clearly print all the requested information in the designated spaces.
4. Read the oath, verify the information by signing and dating the application.
5. Return the completed form to your county election office.
By Mail – must be postmarked the 3rd Friday prior to the election. (If you are mailing this application and are a first time registrant in Nebraska, statutes require a copy of a current and valid photo id or other dated personal government document.)
By personal messenger/agent – must be delivered to your county election office by the 3rd Friday prior to the election.
In person – must appear at your county election office by 6 p.m. on the 2nd Friday prior to the election.
6. The County Election office will send either:
** An acknowledgment to you verifying the information on your application and advising you of your polling location, or
** An incomplete notice to you requesting additional information to insure your voter registration record is accurate, or
** A request for valid photo id, or government document if you are a first time registrant in Nebraska, registering by mail.
7. If you have questions, you may contact your local election office, or you may contact the Nebraska Secretary of State by phone at 402-471-2555 or toll free at 888-727-0007; via our website sos.ne.gov; or email SOS.ELECT@nebraska.gov.
8. Mailing addresses for Nebraska County Election Offices are on the back of this form.