Organisation : Election Commission of Pakistan
Facility : Local Government Elections in Islamabad Capital Territory-ICT
Location : Pakistan
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Notification : https://www.electionin.org/uploads/1004-ict19sche.pdf
Home Page : http://ecp.gov.pk/
LG Elections in Islamabad Capital Territory-ICT :
Pursuant to the provisions of Article 140(A)(2) & Article 219(d) of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 17 of the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government Act, 2015 read with sub-rule (1) of Rule 11 of the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government (Conduct of Elections) Rules, 2015 and all other powers enabling it in that behalf, the Election Commission hereby issues the following schedule for election to all categories of seats* in each Union Council of Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) and calls upon the electors of each Ward and Union Council to elect their representatives:
S. No. | Activity | Date :
1. Notice inviting nomination papers to be issued by the Returning Officer on 20-10-2015
2. Nomination Papers shall be received on 26-10-2015 to 29-10-2015
3. Publication of notice of all the nomination papers received on 30-10-2015
4. Objection to the nomination papers 31-10-2015
5. Scrutiny of nomination papers and publication of names of validly nominated candidates on 01-11-2015 to 04-11-2015
6. Appeals against acceptance / rejection of nomination papers to be filed on 05-11-2015 to 06-11-2015
7. Disposal of appeals on 07-11-2015 to 09-11-2015
8. Withdrawal of candidature on 10-11-2015
9. Publication of list of contesting candidates with symbols allotted to them on 11-11-2015
10. Polling Day on 30-11-2015
11. Declaration of results by the Returning Officers on 03-12-2015
* a. Chairman and Vice Chairman, as joint candidates;
b. Six general members;
c. Two women members;
d. One peasant or worker member;
e. One youth member; and
f. One non-Muslim member.
2. In order to ensure that elections to the Union Councils and Wards in Islamabad Capital Territory are conducted honestly, justly, fairly, and in accordance with law and to ensure that the corrupt practices are guarded against, the Election Commission of Pakistan directs that
a. All Executive Authorities in the Federation shall not use State Resources in Local Government Elections calculated to influence the elections in favour of a particular candidate or a political party.
b. If any person in government service misuses his official position in any manner in order to influence results of elections, he shall be liable to be proceeded against under Section 60 of the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government Act, 2015.
c. No transfers / postings of the civil servants shall be made after the issuance of Schedule of local government elections for ICT without prior approval of the Election Commission till the publication of election results.
d. After the issuance of Election Schedule, the President, Prime Minister, Chairman/Deputy Chairman Senate, Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Federal Ministers, Ministers of State, Advisors to the Prime Minister another Public office holder shall neither openly nor in secret give any subscription or donation or make promises for giving such subscription or donation to any institution, nor shall inaugurate, commit to undertake or announce any development project therein for the advancement of the campaign of a candidate of his choice and thereby influence the results of elections;
e. Any holder of public office, who is found to have violated any provision of election laws or the instructions issued by the Election Commission, shall be proceeded against as mandated in law.
The offices of the Election Commission as well as the offices of District Returning Officers and Returning Officers shall remain open on all public holidays during the schedule period:
All electoral activities mentioned in the aforesaid schedule shall be undertaken during office hour (08:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.) and the said timing will also be observed on public holidays fixed for any electoral activity of the schedule.
[All those candidates who had submitted Nomination Fees and retained receipt thereof under earlier Election Schedule for ICT, shall not make fresh deposit. However, they shall file fresh Nomination Forms.]