You are here: Home > Papua New Guinea
All posts from National Election 2017 : Papua New Guinea Electoral Commission

Organisation : Papua New Guinea Electoral Commission
Announcement : National Election 2017
Country : Papua New Guinea

Website :

National Election :

Papua New Guinea 9th Parliament Election is now formally underway with the writ signing on the 20th April 2017 by the Governor-General his Excellency Bob Dadae.

This has now paved the way for candidates to be nominated in their respective electorate or province around the country. The nominations closes on the 27th April 2017.

Our theme for 2017 – “Your Choice Protect our Democracy” speaks volumes and I urge every citizen of this country to uphold the rule of law.

Decision we make today affects our future and the future of our children’s children. I urge every citizen to refrain from illegal conducts and allow for a free and fair election.

Important Dates :
Election Period :
Issue : 20th April 2017
Return : 24th July 2017

Nomination Period :
Opens : 20th April 2017
Closes : 27th April 2017

Polling Period :
Starts : 24th June 2017
Ends : 8th July 2017

FAQs :
1. Where do I find my name on the Electoral Roll?
You can be able to locate your name on the Ward Electoral Roll that you registered in the last National and LLG Election that you voted in 2012 and 2013.

2. Where do I go to check my name and details on the Electoral Roll?
i. Call into the nearest Provincial Electoral Office to check your name and details.

ii. The PNGEC has a Information Resource Center (IRC) in its HQ Office in Port Moresby where you can make an appointment to visit to check your name and details.

iii. You can also look up the PNGEC website ​to check your details on the roll lookup or
iv. PNGEC also has a toll free number 303 5559 where you can call up to check your name and details.

3. What if I do not locate my name on the Electoral Roll?
Your name may have been removed if you have transferred to a new location or ward, therefore you must re-enrol when the Enrolment Agents visit your area.

4. I have transferred to another location, what should I do?
If you have resided in your new location for more than 6 months, then you may call into your Provincial Electoral Office to Update your details.

5. I will be 18 next year, can I Enrol?
If you are turning 18 before April 20th 2017, you may Enrol on the Electoral Roll when the Enrolment Agents visit your area.

6. Can I enrol a person who does not reside in the village?
No, you cannot Enroll someone on his behalf unless they are People Leaving with Disabilities (PWDs) or very Elderly.

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment. © 2017

Contact Us   Privacy Policy